Paul Pshenichka 2017
School: Chernivtsi City Lyceum №1
Subject: Physics and Astronomy
Teacher of Physics and Astronomy of the highest qualification category of Chernivtsi City Lyceum №1 mathematic and economic profiles, teacher-methodologist (1989), Excellence in Education of Ukraine (2005), Honored Teacher of Ukraine (1996), winner of the national award Global Teacher Prize Ukraine (2017), honorary member of the London Institute of Physics, Intel’s Best Physics Teacher in the World (2004), President of the Chernivtsi Youth Scientific Society “Quasar” (since 1991), one of the founders of the project-oriented teaching method in schools.
For more than two decades (from 1969 to 1992) he worked at Chernivtsi Secondary School №24. In 1991 he was appointed Deputy Director for Research and Teacher of Physics and Astronomy of Chernivtsi City Lyceum №1 mathematical and economic profiles. Since 1994 he has focused only on teaching.
- Honored Teacher of Ukraine (1996)
- Excellence in Education of Ukraine (2005)
- Medal “For Distinguished Labor” (1986)
- O. Popovych Prize (1991)
- N.Krupska Prize (1991)
- Laureate of the International Renaissance Foundation – Soros Teacher (1994, 1995, 1996 рр.)
- Finalist and winner of the Intel ISEF International Teachers’ Competition Final in Portland (2004)
- Honorary Member of the London Institute of Physics (2007)
- Winner of the national award Global Teacher Prize Ukraine (2017)
In 2005, by the decision of the International Astronomical Union and the Lincoln Laboratory of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the small planet № 21389 was named “Pshenichka”.